Must-have gardening tools
When it comes to gardening, having the right tools can make all the difference in achieving the results you desire. Elmwood is the perfect place to find all the must-have gardening tools you need to keep your garden looking beautiful all year round.There's a huge range of gardening tools nowadays – you'll find most of them on display in our garden centre. Though they're all great to have, there are some you'll use every time you go in the garden. All these are available in our garden centre in Bristol.
There's no gardening without secateurs
One essential tool for any gardener is a sturdy pair of secateurs. Whether you need to prune your shrubs, deadhead your flowers or harvest your crops, a good pair of secateurs will make the job easier and more efficient. Elmwood stocks a wide range of secateurs from top brands like Felco and Burgon & Ball, so you're sure to find the perfect pair to suit your needs.
Get ready for pruning season
If you're planning on doing any pruning or cutting back in your garden, then a good quality pruning saw is an absolute must-have. Elmwood has a range of pruning saws to suit all needs, from small hand-held saws for delicate jobs to large, heavy-duty options for tougher tasks.
Elmwood's must-haves for you:
- Digging spade: makes heavy-duty soil turning jobs easy. Lightweight, easy-clean stainless steel blades are best.
- Garden fork: great for digging stony soils, mixing in a layer of compost, or weeding larger areas.
- Hand trowel: essential for transplanting seedlings and planting bulbs: blades marked with measurements make judging planting distances easy
- Weeding fork: careful weeding among established plants needs an easy-to-manoeuvre hand fork.
- Watering can: from one-litre seedling cans to 10-litre behemoths, a watering can makes sure plants never go short
- Wheelbarrow: the garden workhorse, whether you're pruning roses, barrowing muck or clearing a patch of weeds
- Dutch hoe: hoe off weed seedlings once a week and you'll always have a pristine plot
- Rake: use for raking spring seedbeds, levelling soil in summer, or gathering autumn leaves to make leaf mould soil conditioner.
Please ask the staff in our garden centre for more information about choosing the tools which are right for you.